Monday 25 March 2013

Spring Breaks: Adam Eaton talks ‘Duck Dynasty,’ his favorite pizza place and Clash of Clans

Note: Spring Breaks is a Big League Stew series that talks to players about their lives off the field during spring training. Today: Adam Eaton, the 24-year-old Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder who has earned the nickname "Spanky." It's in his Twitter handle and even on the nameplate on his locker. We should add, that this interview took place before it was announced that Eaton would miss 6-8 weeks with an elbow strain.

Mike Oz: What is your favorite pastime not related to baseball during spring training?
Adam Eaton: Fishing. Yeah, definitely. There's some great fishing out here in Arizona. My wife and I go out frequently, my financial guy also. It's kind of one of those things where you can relax, take your mind off the game a little bit and enjoy the outdoors.

MO: What's your favorite place to eat around here? (Note, he answered I finished asking the question)
AE: Oregano's, for sure. My wife and I, we're kind of regulars there. I'd say we're there at least once a week. Actually, I'm going there tonight to eat with a family friend. One of the best pizza places I've ever ate at.

MO: I saw Brandon Phillips talking about it on Twitter the other day.
AE: Oh really? Yeah, it's unbelievable. It's a great place to eat.

MO: Speaking of Twitter. What's your favorite mobile app, Twitter or anything else?
AE: Clash of Clans. You ever heard of that app? You build your own little fortress with your people and you can go attack other people. Rod Barajas and I both play it. A few other guys in here play it. We have a clan that we started. It's fun. We're geeks, but again it gives us something else to do before and after the game.

MO: What's the TV show or movie you've been watching this spring?
AE: Probably "Duck Dynasty." Having a beard — I'm trying to grow it out. My dad loves "Duck Dyntasy." I love it. Being from Ohio, being outdoorsy people, those people crack me up.

MO: Who in the locker room has the best taste in music?
AE: Probably Eric Hinske, because he's always singing. Whatever tune he hears that day, he always comes in singing it the whole day.

MO: Chipotle gave Bryce Harper a card for free burritos for a year.
AE: Sheesh!

MO: What places would you want to give you …
AE: Chipotle! For sure, Chipotle. I can't get enough of that place. We had a Chipotle in college where I went to school and we at that every day or every other day. You don't get tired of it because you switch things up.

PREVIOUSLY IN SPRING BREAKS: Jedd Gyorko | Coco Crisp | Michael Bourn | Mat Latos | Lorenzo Cain

Are you ready for opening day?
Follow @MikeOz and @bigleaguestew, on Twitter, along with the BLS Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment